Frequently Asked Questions About One Man Band Websites
- I live a long way from where your business is: do we have to have a face-to-face meeting or can we sort this out by phone or Skype/Messenger/Google Hangouts? Yes, all can be done on the phone or via alternative means to a face-to-face meeting. Whatever is convenient to you.
- What payment terms do we offer? You are welcome to pay monthly, quarterly or six-monthly. All payments are taken by Direct Debit in advance.
- What happens if I want to make changes to my website? We will happily make up to 1 hour’s changes every month as part of our fees. Just call, email or text us the changes and we’ll do them for you as quickly as possible. Fees may apply for extra royalty-free stock images but we’ll quote you in advance.
- What if I want to change my business or company name or website address? We’ll happily change your business or company name on the website and add any new logo or branding that you have as part of our fees. If you want to change the website address, there may be a small fee (usually between £20 to £30 per year) to pay for a new domain and to move your website to the new domain.
- What costs are there to add a new page to my website? None. But if you add four extra pages to a one-page website the cost would move from £5 per week to £10 per week. (Likewise, if you want to move from a 5-page website to a 10-page website, the fee increases to £20 per week).
- Is there a fixed-term contract or can I cancel at any time? There is no fixed-term contract. This is an ongoing fee to cover ongoing changes to the website and its ongoing development. You can cancel at any time by stopping your Direct Debit.
- Are there any cancellation fees? No. There are no cancellation fees.
- We are ‘two-man band’ business. Does that stop us from using your services at ‘One Man Band Websites’? No, not at all. Our ‘One Man Band Websites’ are, however, aimed at small businesses – sole traders, business start-ups, consultants, and tradesmen, who want a professional website that is affordable. For larger businesses, our sister business, Red Flame Marketing, can help and provide a bespoke quotation.
- Can I use the domain for another website in future? Yes. However, we reserve the right to charge, within the 12 months of the website going live, £200 to cover our time and costs in the development of the website.
- Can I transfer the hosting to another provider? Yes. Again, we would charge £100 for our time to liaise with your third party to facility this transfer.